Healing Garden for the better environment
On world environment day Harpreet Ahluwalia, owner of Earthly creations is sharing her knowledge about healing plants
Plants are the most powerful and historical Healers, mostly used by our Ancestors. Today, using plants to treat disease is worldwide in most cultures. And many of us even don’t know that many herbal remedies can be found in our garden itself. We now a day’s always use modern medicines and lotions to heal the disease or problem we are facing, but it can be dangerous too. Some time’s allopathic medicine and artificial lotions can be harmful as they are made up with chemicals. Plants are the most safe and trusty source for healing many diseases like Fungal infection, anxiety, migranie, insomnia and depression, skin infections, Skin irritation, anticancer, antiviral, Plants have qualities of fighting with the germs and bacteria’s better than chemical lotions and medicines and with no side effects .
On the occasion of world environment day, Mrs. Harpreet Ahluwalia, owner of Earthly creations is sharing her knowledge about healing plants which we mostly have in our garden but we don’t know about their qualities :
· Basil Plant – Every person have a basil plant in their garden or home. It is even called as holly basil in India. But did you know that the early Greeks used its leaves to Scorpion stings? It was also used as disease-fighting antioxidants by Ancient Romans. Scientific studies also tells that basil is beneficial for Antioxidant, cancer fighting, analgesic, antipyretic, diabetes – preventer, liver protector, immune booster and even it is used for healing stress.
· Peppermint – It is one of the most safe and natural antiseptic and antimicrobial. It is also known to soothe headaches, skin irritations, pain, flatulence. Because it calms the stomach and heals indigestion. According to some studies peppermint have antibacterial and antiviral properties. Peppermint oil is very much efficient and effective against skin issues, it help in making the skin cool and eliminate dandruff or lice from the scalp, and may contribute to hair growth.
· Aloe vera – One of the most common plant we can see in most of the houses. As we all know that aloe vera is purifies air and also contains gel liquid which you can apply to relieve sunburn, acne, irritated, and dry skin. Aloe vera also improves digestive system, it strengthens the immune system and it heals wounds. If we can protect our skin and keep it nourished by nature, without any fear or side effect, then why opt chemicals upon natural solution?
· Rosemary – It also have many qualities and benefits and mostly people are unaware about it. For centuries, one of the most medicial uses for rosemary has involved improving memory, alleviate muscle pain, improve memory, boost immune system and circulatory system. It also contains antibacterial and antioxidant acid. It also contains anti fungal and antiseptic properties for which all of us opt chemical and artificial cosmetic products which may be not more safe than plant.
· Lavender – It is one of the effective healing plant, which you must add to your garden if you don’t have it in your collection. Lavender include its ability to relieve stress, improve mood, and it’s fragrance promote restful sleep, it helps to reduce skin irritation problems, eliminate dandruff and helps to reduce hair fall and beneficial for healing stomach related problems.